The hot season begins and there is a dish that we love for how refreshing, nutritious and tasty it is; this is gazpacho.
Tomato, one of the main ingredients, provides numerous benefits; to name just a few:
- Helps strengthen our immune system and prevent disease
- Allows the body to eliminate toxins (mainly contains antioxidant vitamins -C, E, A-)
- It contributes very favorably to reducing cholesterol
- Minimizes the risk of vascular accident
In addition, it is an ingredient that contains very few calories since approximately 95% of its composition is water.
On the occasion of International Celiac Day we wanted to contribute with this easy gluten-free gazpacho recipe that Nihonbashi Atelier has made using our Oh! Olive Oil Family Selection and Oh! Early Harvest.
Melon Gazpacho recipe – Ingredients
- 1kg tomato (it is not necessary to be a “pear” tomato, we can use any ripe seasonal tomato that is well priced)
- 2 Italian green peppers (220 grams bell pepper once clean)
- 1 medium cucumber (180 grams)
- 180 grams of melon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 grams of salt
- 1.5 grams of ground cumin
- 80 grams of olive oil Oh! Family Selection
- 30 grams sherry vinegar
Ingredients for the Garnish
- 2 eggs
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- Olive Oil Oh! Early harvest
How to Prepare Gluten Free Melon Gazpacho Recipe
For this fresh and easy recipe we need a pair of bowls, a hand or glass mixer, a large fine strainer or a Chinese one.
- Peel, remove the germ and blanch the garlic cloves (30 seconds in boiling water)
- We clean and chop all the vegetables into large cubes.
- Add the salt, cumin and vinegar and begin to crush until it has a good texture, creamy and without noticeable pieces.
- We go through the “Chinese” until it is fine and without any visible skin or nugget.
- At this time, we begin to add olive oil in a fine stream while whisking at low speed. We must let it emulsify and remain with a velvety color, without large oil eyes, perfectly integrated.
- Let stand in the fridge for 1/2 hour.
- For the garnish, we cook two eggs 11 minutes, chop them and do the same with the onion, the cucumber and the green pepper, in medium mirepoix (small dice).
- Serve on the plate with a stream of evoo (extra virgin olive oil) Oh! Early harvest.
As you have seen, it is a recipe available to everyone, so if you dare to elaborate it, take a couple of photos of the result and share it in networks with the hashtag #RecetaOh or tagging us (Green Gold and N. Atelier) 🙂 We would love to hear your impressions and see the result!