Sandwich Croque Monsieur
There are countless ways to make the Mixed Sandwich. We like it best with pastrami and béchamel…
To pay tribute on International Mixed Sandwich Day (April 12) we wanted to share this recipe with all of you, because good tastes better if shared!
Ingredients for 4 sandwiches
For the “Bechamel”:
- 60gr. EVOO Oh! Family Selection
- 50gr. flour pastry
- 650gr. whole milk
- 3 gr. of salt
- Ground black pepper
- Ground nutmeg (brown teaspoon)
- Sweet and sour paprika (brown spoon)
For 1 Croque Monsieur sandwich
- 60gr. pastrami (beef sausage) or any cooked sausage (york ham, turkey breast, etc.)
- 40gr. grated fat cheese that you prefer (in this case we use grouyere)
- 2 slices of consistent and fluffy bread, it will work and fill a lot.
- 1 tablespoon mustard dijon
Preparation of the Croque Monsieur Recipe
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan Oh! Family Reserve. When it is hot, without boiling, add the flour little by little, mixing with some bars to avoid lumps.
- Let this roux (fat and flour) roast for about 10 minutes over low heat and start adding the milk, always mixing with the rods.
- Add the salt, nutmeg, pepper and paprika on the side.
- Leave on low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring. We reserve on a tray for tempering.
- We toast the sausage in a frying pan; immediately, we toast the breads on both sides with a stream of evoo Oh! Family Reserve.
- Once everything is toasted, spread a tablespoon of dijon mustard on one of the slices. On the same slice, spread a tablespoon of béchamel sauce and half of the cheese.
- We assemble the sausage, close the sandwich with the other slice and top with another tablespoon of bechamel on top of the sandwich, as well as the rest of the cheese.
- We end up gratin in the oven.
The Croque Monsieur Recipe has been made in Nihonbashi Atelier, located in the center of Tokyo, a place that has unbeatable views of the famous Sky Tree. Those of you who live there will be able to learn and experiment with the recipes that you like the most of Japanese gastronomy, although as you can see, they are also experts in cuisine from any corner of the world.
If you dare to make this recipe at home, we would be happy to see it! You can use the hashtag #RecipeOh and tag us Green Gold and Nihonbashi 🙂
Very soon we will launch another recipe on the blog, do not miss it!