Buñuelos Olive Oil Oh!
Ingredients for Choux pastry
- 150gr. sifted pastry flour (8% less protein, refined)
- 250gr. warm water
- 4gr. salt
- 10gr. White sugar
- 2gr. baking soda (soda powder)
- 50gr. butter in ointment (leave out of the fridge 30 min)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 eggs
- 1 liter of oil for frying (rape, sunflower, soy)
For the filling
- 250 gr. Vanilla ice cream
- 80 gr. Whipping cream (35% mg)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 20 gr. Olive Oil Oh! Early Harvest.
- Pastry bag with fine mouth
How to make the Wind Fritters – Preparation
- We start by heating the water in a pot. When it is going to boil, add the sugar, salt, butter and the pulp of the vanilla bean.
- When everything is uniform, we lower the heat to a minimum and add the flour and the soda powders all at once. We move with a “tongue” until we obtain a paste with a consistency similar to plasticine.
- We reserve for 15 minutes in a bowl, until tempered.
- Beat the eggs, and add to the dough until you get a duckbill consistency when you lift your “tongue”.
- We heat rapeseed, sunflower oil (any oil for frying) to about 150, 155 degrees.
- We form balls the size of a 1 euro coin and add them to the boiling oil, stirring and turning them until golden. We will notice that they swell and conform into a ball. They do not need to be perfectly round.
- We leave on a tray with a grid to drain the excess oil and reserve in the fridge to cool.
- For the filling, we need the vanilla ice cream to be warm, enough to have a cream consistency, before it melts.
- We whip the cream into soft peaks together with the tablespoon of sugar.
- We mix the cream, the vanilla ice cream and the evoo and put in the sleeve.
- We make a hole in the donut with a Chinese toothpick, and fill it with the sleeve.
- We will leave in the refrigerator an hour before consuming.
We invite you to stay tuned to the blog, the month of April is very promising in culinary matters! We say no more ????
This recipe for wind fritters, such as the delicious lentil salad or spaghetti carbonara, has been prepared by Nihonbashi Atelier with our extra virgin olive oil Oh! Early Harvest.
If you dare to make this recipe at home, we would be happy to see it! You can use the hashtag #RecetaOh and tag us Green Gold and Nihonbashi ????
Enjoy it 🙂