The recipe that we share with you today, on the occasion of International Burger Day, is very simple to make and we are convinced that if you dare to prepare it at home, you will love it ????
Although hamburgers are a typical dish of North American cuisine, the truth is that it has become a global star dish.
We wanted to make the best homemade hamburger with the best ingredients. Here we indicate what we have used to make 6 hamburgers and the steps we have followed:
Ingredients for 6 hamburgers
- 6 small-sized hamburger buns (recipe is the same as hot-dog buns)
- 500 grams of beef (lean / fat ratio 70/30)
- 5 grams of salt
- 3 grams of fine ground black pepper
- 1 onion
- 6 pickled gherkins
- 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil Oh! Family Selection
- 6 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons old-fashioned Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon normal Dijon mustard
- 6 oak leaf lettuce leaves.
- 120 grams of sliced cheddar cheese
Making the burgers
For the sauce:
- We cut the onion and the gherkins in medium mirepoix, so that there is some texture in each bite.
- We add the mustard, the ketchup and we begin to move adding the olive oil until it is well emulsified.
- We reserve.
- For hamburger meat, all you have to do is season this half kg with the amount of salt and pepper indicated in the recipe.
- The proportion of lean fat is obtained by chopping it ourselves, but we can also ask the butcher to chop 320 grams of hip and 180 grams of brisket ( skirt).
- Let the seasoned meat rest and start toasting the buns in the pan with our olive oil, just on the inside of the bun, until they acquire a light golden color.
- We reserve.
How to make homemade gourmet burgers:
- We form the hamburgers; It is interesting to do it with a mold somewhat larger than the size of the bun (1 or 1.5 c. larger) since the meat shrinks on the griddle and is perfect for mounting later.
- We use about 85 grams of meat per hamburger.
- With the very hot frying pan we spread the hamburgers of evoo (extra virgin olive oil) and add them to the frying pan; a pair for each batch so that it does not lose heat or with the juices they cook.
- We need, and we consider this the most important, that they have a good crust of roasted / caramelized meat (maillard reaction) on both sides.
- The finish of this burger will be well done, but this caramelized meat crust is a delicious snack.
- When we turn the hamburger we put the cheese (about 25 grams per hamburger) over the cooked part and cover; cheddar cheese takes very little time to melt.
- We assemble the burger dressing both rolls with a tablespoon of our sauce, a lettuce leaf and our cheese burger.