The torrijas, the traditional dessert and the sweet star of Holy Week, is one of the most cooked and versioned recipe in history: from the typical ones with milk or wine, to the most modern ones with chocolate, custard and honey.
Easy and quick to cook, from GGOlive we leave you a simple recipe to enjoy this delicacy this weekend or whenever you feel like it 🙂
Ingredients for 4 people, approximately
- 1 loaf of bread (from the same day or the day before)
- 600 ml. milk (whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed)
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon to sprinkle
- cinnamon stick
- 100 grams of sugar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Oh! Organic Early Harvest
- Boil the milk with two cinnamon sticks and the sugar. While the milk is heating, cut the loaf of bread into slices about 2 cm. thick.
- When the milk reaches a boil, pour it into a deep plate where the slices of bread will later be soaked. Prepare another deep dish and beat the eggs.
Heat a pan with the AVOE Oh! Organic Early Harvest over high heat so that the torrijas are made quickly and do not get smeared with oil. With the hot oil in the pan and the beaten egg prepared in another dish, dip the slices of bread in the milk dish, but not all at once, but one by one
- When they are soft, but without crumbling, take them one by one and coat them in the beaten egg, and from there, transfer them to the oil, fry them and brown them on both sides.
- Once toasted, place them on a plate on a kitchen paper to drain the rest of the oil, and sprinkle the cinnamon